Independent Agents of National Life Group who aren’t are affiliated with our broker/dealer – Equity Services, Inc. (ESI) – can now interact with social media in the following ways without prior approval from NLG’s Advertising Compliance area:
WeChat: You may post agency meeting notices, such as events hosted by our field leaders, in English.
LinkedIn, Facebook Business, Twitter and Instagram:
- You may reference that you are an independent agent of National Life Group
- You may post photos or videos of life policy or annuity contract deliveries. You MUST ask client’s permission to take photo/video and share on social media. Photo cannot show a policy number or other identifiable client information.
- You may post photos or videos of Do Good events such as volunteering with teammates. You MUST have permission of everyone in the photo or video to post it on social media.
- You may post photos or videos of agency meetings. You MUST have permission of everyone who is not a National Life agent in the photo or video to post it on social media
- You may create your own posts regarding living benefits, life insurance, annuities, retirement, etc. that do not mention NLG or our product or rider names.
- Any message added must be simple and generic, such as:
- Another life protected with National Life Group
- Another retirement enhanced with National Life Group
- Doing good with my National Life teammates
- Do you need protection/retirement help too? Email or call me!
- Posts or included messages should not discuss the following:
- NLG product or rider names
- NLG product features unique to NLG such as critical injury, LIBR, GLIR
- Puzzle pieces
Not Sure Where to Start?
For more information on how to get started with social media, content creation and sharing, Compliance info and more, visit our Independent version of the Social Media Playbook.