By now you know that social media should be part of your marketing strategy. If you’ve established your social media accounts and are looking to move beyond brand awareness, lead generation is the next step. But, how do you generate quality leads on social media?
The first thing you should know is which social media platforms are the best for generating leads. Most experts agree that Facebook is the best platform for this, as it has the largest population and offers some of the sharpest tools. However, don’t discount other channels either.
% of Respondents
Now that you know which platform(s) to use, here are 5 effective tactics to take your social media marketing up a notch:
1. Have an Optimized Social Media Profile: The first step is making sure everything is in place for you to be able to collect leads. This includes having up-to-date contact information, a link to your website, call-to-action buttons (example: Instagram and Facebook offer a “Book” button allowing people to schedule an appointment with you) and more.
2. Post Engaging Content: National Life has created a robust library of posts for all platforms, so this one should be easy for you! Targeting leads with relevant, meaningful content is the most effective way to move leads along the sales pipeline toward becoming customers.
3. Share Video Content: Video content is fast-growing and a great way for consumers to engage with your business.
- Have you checked our our newest YouTube channels yet?
4. Host a Webinar: Did you know our Engage! Toolkit currently has seven presentation kits (with more to come) for you to virtually connect with future customers? Use the social media posts to boost attendance (and leads) for your virtual meetings.
5. Use Social Media Ads: One of the upsides to using social media marketing is that it’s free, but there’s always the potential to boost your efforts with ads, specifically on Facebook and Instagram. Learn more here.
Affiliated Agents: Please ensure NLG content is only shared through approved social media sites using Hearsay. See the Affiliated Social Media Playbook link above for how to do this.
Please note that you cannot post NLG content or any of our logos, images, videos, advertising, etc. directly to your social media profiles and accounts. However we do allow you to share content from our corporate sites. See the Independent Social Media Playbook link above for how to do this.
*Source: Social Media Today and Sharpspring, “State of Social Lead Generation,” Nov. 4, 2019