Over the past several weeks, school employees across the country have been returning to their classrooms to kick off the 2021-22 school year. You have the opportunity to shape their year and help foster an environment of recognition in their schools and greater community with the LifeChanger of the Year program.
Many schools lack formal recognition programs. Establish LifeChanger in these schools and districts to help administrators understand the value of recognition and what it can do for culture and pride in their schools.
Here are some ideas to use this year:
- Use one of our pre-approved PowerPoint presentations at a district meeting and ask which schools/principals you can visit and work with to recognize staff. Make sure to mention the district referral when visiting the school and principal.
- Chat with principal contacts and ask if you can make a presentation at their next faculty meeting.
- Take charge and nominate a client or potential client. Don’t forget to share the news with the principal and district so they can help spread the word in their community. Using these resources, schools can increase their chances of having their nominee selected for the Spirit Award.
- The district’s communications officer is a great resource. Ask them how you can partner to recognize their district’s top performers while helping to gain national PR for the district.
- Remember, even if the district or school currently has a recognition program there are still opportunities. Consider nominating their already recognized staff for LCOY. Not only will they get local recognition through their existing program, they will now be in the running for a national prize!
And don’t forget, we also have the Spotlight Award. We’ll be recognizing educators who play a role in keeping schools safe this fall.